Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gift Guide 2010

Ah, the holidays; tis the time for twinkling lights, christmas cookies and running into your entire high school at the local bar. No? Is that just Conestoga? I digress. Along with all the holiday spirit comes gifts! It can be daunting to buy gifts for others, when you want to get them something that is unique but useful, special but affordable. Oy. But along with buying gifts for others comes receiving gifts as well. While we like to think our loved ones instinctually know exactly what we want, we sometimes need to give them some tips. It was brought to my attention that some people (read: 20 something girls) don't know what to put on their holiday wish list. Thankfully/sadly I never run out of things I want. So here is my list of what I am asking for this year, and a few things I already have but highly recommend. Read and enjoy, and I will gladly pass along my address for anyone wanting to thank me in presents.


House of Harlow 1960; Abalone Starburst Cocktail Ring
Large and in charge is how I like my jewelry, so a dainty, delicate item does not get much play with me. Nicole Richie's jewelry for House of Harlow is modern, clean and unique. Perfect for a night out, this ring combines gold with a unique color mix. And it's huge!

Henri Bendel; Debutante Asymmetric Mock Croc Clutch
First of the items on this list I already own- Bendel's Asymmetric clutch. Its simple in shape, a perfect size, has a chain strap you can use if you fancy, tons of colors...basically its a perfect clutch. Perfect. 4 stars.

Nintendo Wii
Ok, I may be a little behind the times, as the last time I had a gaming system was Nintendo 64. And that was actually my brother's. I'm ready to relive my youth with some Wii.

MICHAEL Michael Kors Gold and Chocolate Watch
Classic shape, unique color mix of brown and gold. A perfect everyday watch.

MAC; Gift Card
I actually was not a MAC makeup fan until recently. I would wander into Sephora, sometimes getting an old standby (NARS Orgasm), or sometimes spontaneously trying a new product (Diorshow). But after going to a MAC makeup event with my trusty makeup-mentor Nicole, I am now a believer. I can't stop! And there is always something else to get (I need green eye shadow right?). A gift card allows me to buy whatever it is I find I just NEED to add to my makeup collection.

Anthropologie; Tuxedo Duvet Cover
As the weather drops, what better way to cope than in a new sumptuous duvet? This is the other item on this list I already own. Just girly enough, with a hint of over the top.

lululemon
Another recent obsession of mine; lululemon. Their workout gear is not only the most comfortable stuff ever, it's fashion-y; as far as spandex goes. The cuts, colors, and details add special touches to gym clothes to make you feel great, even when your sweating out copious amounts in Bikram yoga. Just me? I have a few favorites that I highly recommend, such as the Cool Racerback-perfectly fitted but doesnt cut into you; or the Boogie Short- just what I need for spinning or yoga. But the item I want is the Community Jacket in coral color. Great color, and stylish enough to make me actually want to work out. Talk about motivation.

Tod's; Gilded Herringbone 
I have my sister to thank for my new love of Tom's shoes. One walk in her tiny shoes, and I was convert. Comfy, cute and humanitarian, I think everyone should own a pair. While I am still rocking my linen ones (eh, its still summer in my mind), for colder months I'm switching to the Herringbone version. Oh, but not the classic color- GOLD. What else do you expect from me?

And there you have it kiddies. My wish list, and a few items I already have, but they should be on YOUR wish list. And yes, I am accepting gifts.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');