Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Transition Period - Part 1.


Summer is coming to an end. There, I said it. We hate to admit it, but it's true. Rather than face the harsh reality that it is time to store my sandals (that actually is what I miss most in the winter), I'm attempting a last blast with my summer clothing. Swapping in some longer length bottoms and strategic layers can transform something light-weight and summery into a perfect fall item. 

I've put together some summer transitioning to fall looks that have inspired me to get a last wear out of my warm weather gear before retiring it to storage until next May. 




1. Just starting business, I am now very cautious of buying items that can be worn multiple ways- including under a blazer to qualify as 'business casual'. This blouse can easily work with distressed denim (as shown) or with cropped pants and a jacket. 

2. Great wash, great fit. Some people don't like the ripped/destroy look, I think these have just the right amount to look casual and cool.

3. I've been on the lookout for a bag that can be worn both on my arm and across my body. This Marc Jacobs style manages to look sleek and casual at the same time, being able to wear it two ways is a double plus.

4. The mixed neutrals on this heeled sandal work with any color and give height and polish to a casual look without seeming too fussy or over-styled.

5. Perfect shade of fuchsia to make the most of that summer tan you still have!



                                                    Stay tuned for a few more coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');