Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wear Now, Wear Later : Light Colored Sweater


As I have gotten older (eek!) I have also gotten wiser about what clothing items I buy. Before even considering laying down a credit card, I think about how I can wear the item in question multiple ways and many times. Anything that makes the cut must be applicable to at least two of the three scenarios - work, casual, out on the town. Although we have the best intentions of buying clothing items we can wear in many different circumstances, we fall into a rut, unable to think about wearing something in any other way than how we always do. A sweater is a great piece that can do from work to casual, winter to summer, as long as you style it the right way. 

This morning I pulled out my pastel teal sweater and was determined to find a ‘winter’ look that would make such a springy color acceptable for late February. I decided on skinny cropped trousers, nude heels and a jeweled necklace for work. I am a sucker for all sweaters, but after so many neutrals I need some jolt of color. This J.Crew sweater is the perfect transitional weight and color to go from late winter into spring. Just swap out the dark pants for denim shorts, throw on some sunglasses and you’re set.

I posted this photo on my instagram (check it out here) as I was heading out for work on Monday. The sweater kept me warm in my sometimes cold office, but the bright color had a spring-time vibe.

Outfit details : sweater, Loft (old) / pants, Loft / heels, Christian Louboutin, necklace, random boutique (old)

At only $79 and the potential to be worn year-round, this is a no-brainer, closet staple. Plus, they tons of great colors, Fresh Parsley, Rustic Rose and Navy are some of my favorites.

Wear it Now : For Work
Pastel Sweater
More Affordable Option : Old Navy
Cropped Pants
Shoes
Bag
Necklace

Wear it Later : For Play
Denim Shorts
Sandals
Sunglasses
Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');