Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, May 16, 2016

Grey & White

 






On Friday morning last week we headed to the beach in Venice one last time for breakfast and to watch the surfers before hopping in our car to head to West Hollywood. The sun was peeking in and out of the clouds so rather than worry about being cold I went for jeans and my favorite Gap extra long cardigan (also seen in this post). I'm a big fan of white and grey outfits so I threw a simple grey tank on to tie it all together. Side note - some may find it 80's-esque but I love knotting my tees and tanks like this. Especially when the shirt is a little too long on me (which many are), it helps shorten the length and adds some interest with a nice drape. Give it try!




We didn't have too much planned for the day except lunch at Gracias Madre. I had heard and seen so much about this place on Instagram that I wanted to check it out for myself. I'll admit I was skeptical about a vegan Mexican restaurant. Mexican is all about the cheese and meat without that isn't it just piles of guacamole?? Somehow though the dishes at Gracias Madre makes you forget about those silly animal-based foods. Julie and I decided to split two dishes so that we could try more of the menu. We got the guacamole to start (obviously) and then got flautas de papas and the bowl tres, along with some kind of strawberry cocktail I don't see on the menu (check it out  the menu here if you're interested). Next time I am in LA would love to come back for brunch or dinner!






After lunch we checked into our hotel, the Petit Ermitage and spent the rest of the afternoon lounging at the hotel's rooftop pool. I had to get ready for the Attendee Happy Hour for the Create and Cultivate conference that night so I didn't have as much time to relax in the sun as I would have liked, but some time is better than no time!

I'm working on a more comprehensive post about the conference (and some photos of what I wore) to go live in the next week.

Also coming up this week:
- My favorite May date night outfit
- A new super cute & affordable brand I am loving

Happy Monday!


Tank : Banana Republic (similar) / Jeans : Rag & bone / Sweater : Gap (On sale! Also seen here) / Sandals : Sam Edelman / Sunglasses : Karen Walker / Bag : Rebecca Minkoff (similar) Fitbit Alta

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I LOVE venice!! Your outfit is super cute, I especially love that long sweater. Next time I'm in Venice I have to try that vegan mexican restaurant - it sounds amazing!! Can't wait to see the date outfit post!

    xo Andrea
    http://www.PrettyProperQuaint.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');