Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Personally.

The word "monogram" does not usually come in the same sentence as chic, dare say modern. And while I do not consider myself a girl who favors a preppy sensibility, I have always been drawn to letters. No, no not just letters. My letters. That is my personal trio of initials. I will be the first to admit I like my name on things. From rings to room decor, it makes my things mine. My signet ring, and engraved initial pendant are by far the most frequently worn jewelry items I own. These days there are more ways than an embroidery machine to make things personal. Although monogramming can be tragically housewife, keep things current and youthful by adding unexpected elements, imperfect touches, and off-kilter details. It's all in the mix my friends.

First off, Sarah Chloe. Focusing on monogrammed metal, the website offers earrings, bracelets, and a plethora of necklaces. One of the best aspects of Sarah Chloe is the price; offering jewelry in gold vermeil and sterling silver, many of their items are under $100! My favorites include the Engraved ID Bangles (right), and Diamond Initial Bangle (below). But my real lust object? The Delicate Script Monogram. I'd wear this bad boy on a long chain, layered with my favorite pendants. Too bad that whole "under $100" thing doesn't apply to this guy. Hmpf.


Second stop; Jennifer Fisher Jewelry. Coming in at a slightly higher pricepoint, the site allows you to pick from a huge range of charms, pendants, and chains to mix and match your perfect jewelry piece. There is something for everyone, from engraved pendants, to gothic letters, to initial crests. And if the investment prices aren't quite working for your budget, the website also showcases pre-edited charm groupings to inspire you to recreate one of their combos with more affordable charms you can find at other stores. My picks include the Fly (right), Mini Skull (left), and Gothic Letter Earrings (below).

But most of all, I'm loving the Max Necklace combo (below). While it is not something I can afford ($8100, yow), the eclectic mix provides great inspiration for something I can be re-created with my own charms. The black pearls, rose gold, yellow gold, and dark stones create a mix that is organic, modern and just creepy enough. I highly suggest checking out the Ideas section to whet your own jewelry palette. 



To sum up, update your jewelry look by adding a personal touch, whether it is your own name, or selecting the perfect charms that speak to your own personality. And who said monograms were preppy?

-E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');