Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Years Eve Make-Up




Here it is, my first make-up post, ever!
While I am no make-up artiste, I do love to try new products, new looks and maintain a general sense of make-up put-togetherness. That being said, I do not feel quite right dispensing application technique advice or instruction. I will however provide inspiration, product recommendations and any insight I may have.

While glittery lids on a typical Friday may verge on gaudy, on New Year's Eve any glitter is fair game. I particularly like the mix of metallics in this look, with both silver and bronze. 


 1. MAKE UP FOR EVER Strass : This looks like old-school glitter, chunky and amazing. They can be applied with lash glue and are re-usable once you take them off!
2. MAKE UP FOR EVER  Glitters : Loose, fine glitter that can be applied with just water.
3. Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow : Now this is the coolest; this buildable cream shadow is applied with the included primer, and layers to create a opaque foil finish.
4. L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Eyeliner  : This is my newest drugstore obsession, I believe I am on my 3rd stick of it. Each eye color has its own unique jewel-colored liner that is subtle enough for everyday wear while still manages to make your eye color really pop. The ivory end works to brighten up the inner corners of the eyes or along the inner rim of the lower line to make your eyes seem larger. I must admit while the ivory is cool, I buy this for the deep forest green side and how it makes my green eyes really stand out. A must try at a great price.
5. Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour : A nude pink blush and subtle lips balance out the bolder eye look.
6. MAC Creme Cup Lipstick

Happy early New Year!

-Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');