Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Back to Basics


Basics have gotten a bad rep lately. When they used to be associated with classic, staple, simplistic items, somewhere along the line in recent pop culture they became a negative descriptor. I am proud to say however that I love a good basic. Dare I say I am the ultimate basic-lover and thus I may be one too. In the words of T.Swift, haters gon' hate, hate, hate, hate.


If you read my Capsule Wardrobe post you heard about the beauty of having a wardrobe of basics you can wear again and again. I have taken this to heart, hence my closet of basic button-down shirts. Each of these garments however can be worn with casual jeans/denim shorts or dressed up for work with nice pants or a pencil skirt. Especially in a place like New York City with it's small closets, our wardrobes need be as much multi-tasking as possible.
What good are clothes without a few ways to wear them?

Any more basic button downs I'm missing you guys would recommend I add in?

Closet Image From Left to Right:
BANANA REPUBLIC Silk Blouse (similar here)
VINTAGE Silk Blouse (similar here and here)
UNIQLO Chambray (similar here)
EXPRESS Plaid Blouse  (similar here and here
Striped Button Down (purchased in Thailand) (similar here, here and here)
Brushed Twill Button Down (purchased in Thailand) (similar here)


1 comment:

  1. Love a classic and basic button down. You can never have too many.
    xo, jill
    www.BornFancy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');