Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Camilla in Dress

There is just something I love about this picture of Camilla Belle. The lighting is beautiful, the dress is amazing and she looks so genuine.


So I decided to see how a drawing of this image would turn out. I tried my hand at coloring this digitally, usually I use watercolor. I'm not sure how crazy I am about how the color turned out, its a little flatter than I prefer. But it was easy to get the dress to pop!


 I am definitely curious to play around with some more digital coloring but don't think it will every look as special as true painting does.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What did you draw on? I'm interested in painting digitally, but I'll probably still enjoy true painting more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used Photoshop. I scanned the image from my sketchbook then played around with the paintbrush tool on different layers, changing the opacity to add some depth. Worth giving a shot and see how you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');