Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Spring Skirts




We have gotten a few glimpses of spring here in New York City and even those few warm days have me thinking about the nicer weather to come. I haven’t always been the biggest skirt-wearer and I think the reason is I thought many were just too girly for me. But I am coming around to the skirt idea, because I am starting to see how versatile they really are. You can pair them with a blouse for a more feminine look, but they also look great with a tee shirt & leather jacket or with a chunky sweater half-tucked at the front. A pair of booties keeps the look from becoming too sweet or a simple pointy toe pump works great for the workday.


What makes me particularly excited about skirts for this spring is that nearly every length, shape and style is on-trend. I’m especially liking the midi length, which works as well for the office as it does for brunch. I’m dying over the gingham and perforated styles (Alexander Wang & Lovers + Friends) but also love the idea of a pastel swingy skirt (Antonio Berardi) paired with tassel shoes and a broken-in moto jacket. Check out the links for all styles above at the bottom of this post.

To get your inspiration flowing for spring skirts I included some inspiration boards below. What’s your must-try skirt look this spring?





















1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');