Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Friday, April 29, 2016

Let’s Getaway To : LA






I’m traveling to L.A. next week with my sister and have begun thinking about what I want to pack along. Since we will only be there a handful of days, I want my clothing options to be versatile and simple so that they can be paired together in multiple ways. A tip for packing no matter where you are going - stick to a cohesive color palette, that way you can easily mix and match what you brought without having to worry about items clashing. A few staples are on my list (denim shorts, leather tote bag, grey tank), as well as some warm-weather basics (panama hat, sunglasses, white eyelet). But I also had to throw in a few Cali-inspired items (palm tree clutch, placed floral blouse). 

When planning your wardrobe for any trip,considering the temperature and weather where you will be visiting is a must. But another thing you might want to consider is the personality of the city you will be in. When in Paris, for example, skinny cropped black pants and a striped shirt would suit you well or while in Miami you’ll probably want a handful of bright colors and whites in your suitcase. The same could be said of L.A. and it’s various neighborhoods, all with a California vibe yet still different personalities. I thought these unique California attitudes were a great starting point for my packing list. As you can see above I separated my clothing and accessories into possible outfits. Given the way all the items work together however, there are tons of outfit options just from this small set of pieces. Which means you can have a few outfit ideas planned ahead of time yet still see how you feel that day and go from there. *I have included a cleaner view of my list items at the end of the post for easy packing reference as well!

We will be spending a few days at the beach in Santa Monica and Venice, then heading to West Hollywood for the rest of trip. Visiting Rodeo Drive and checking out the Downtown scene are two plans on my trip itinerary. But the event I am most excited for is the reason I am going in the first place to L.A. - The Create and Cultivate conference! I am looking forward to learning a lot about being a creative individual in the digital world and how to improve Fizz and Fade for all of you! Plus speakers include the likes of Chelsea Handler, Rachel Zoe and Jessica Alba, so of course I am excited about that as well!

Follow me on Instagram (emilykfarina) to follow along with my trip and conference.

Have any tips on where we should go, what we should see or where to eat? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!



Venice

Downtown

Beverly Hills


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');