Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Park Trench

 

Dress, Anthropologie (similar here, here and here) / Sweater, Loft (similar here), Necklace, Madewell (on sale here) / Alta Fitbit / Loeffler Randall Shoes / Zara Trench

I love the transitional temperatures of Spring because they force me to experiment with my wardrobe and how I mix and match pieces together. Lately I have been getting anxious to wear sheer fabrics but the weather is not quite ready for that on the East Coast. So I decided to find a new way to wear one of my lightweight dresses, that would still keep me warm - by pairing it with a sweater on top. 



I love the idea of throwing a sweater on top of a dress like this because it gives the illusion of a flirty skirt. It’s like a getting a whole new piece in your closet instantly! After testing this look I feel inspired me to see what other sweaters I can pair with dresses in my wardrobe to create fresh, new looks.

These shoes from Loeffler Randall are easily my favorite this season. The neutral tan color goes with everything while the tassels make them unique and special. The thicker heel makes them super comfortable as well, perfect for wearing all day at work.


Some purple blooms are just starting to peek out in Stuyvesant Park near our apartment, bringing some much needed color to the grey city streets. Every day I see more and more green coming back to the trees and plants in New York and it continues to make me happier and more excited for summer to come.





I just picked up this trench from Zara recently after having sought for an affordable yet chic trench coat for awhile  now. When you’re petite like me, it is crucial to first and foremost find a jacket that fits in the shoulders as this is the one part of the garment hardest to alter. All other areas (sleeves, length, waist width) are easily tailored to fit as needed. When I saw how well this jacket fit up top, I knew getting the sleeves hemmed was worth it to get a truly great fitting trench at a good price. Now that I have it back from the tailor I am looking forward to wearing it often before the weather gets too hot!






Like this post? Let me know in comments!
 
I want to hear from you, so let me know what you want more of from Fizz and Fade.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');