Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, April 25, 2016

Wear Now, Wear Later : Leather Espadrilles



I fell hard for espadrilles last year and my love affair with them has continued on strong into this spring. I recently picked up Soludos Oui/Non smoking slippers (as seen in this post and currently on sale) and found myself wearing them constantly. As much as I love the blue chambray and cheeky french words, I needed a more basic pair of espadrilles that I could wear all the time and with everything. To fulfill my espadrille needs I turned again to Soludos and picked up their Leather Platform Smoking Slipper

Originally torn between the tan and the black, I end up settling on the black. Simple and sleek, these shoes walk the line between casual Vans sneaker and beachy sandal, making them perfect for everyday wear. Since adding them to my wardrobe I have had these shoes in constant rotation, wearing them to walk to work, casually with ripped boyfriend jeans and even pairing them with a springy dress. As the perfect shoe for spring and transitioning into summer, these Soludos are my most recent pick for Wear Now, Wear Later.

An amazing multi-tasking piece, these espadrilles pair just as well with casual separates as they do with a cute romper. Temperatures are still a little chilly, so keep cozy while you transition into summer with a sweater on top and soft shorts on the bottom. When the hot summer weather sets in, keep your espadrilles in rotation by pairing them with this printed romper and sunglasses, perfect for a day of brunching or lounging outside.

Did I also mention that these shoes are amazingly comfortable? Anything I can comfortably wear commuting and still feel stylish in is a major win. For the amount of times and ways to wear them, they may just be the best $99 I’ve spent this season. I highly recommend this basic staple as something you won’t soon regret! And who doesn’t need a new pair of black shoes anyway?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');