Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, April 18, 2016

Spring Stripes


This weekend we had my most favorite weather ever in NYC - cool enough to bring a jacket but warm enough in the sun that you don’t really need it. My parents were visiting this weekend so I was out and about all day Saturday. The nice weather was perfect for light layers, so I opted for a few of my favorite casual pieces - white jeans, striped tee and army jacket. 





I’ve had this white and blue striped shirt for a few seasons now and it is one of my favorites. But if we want to talk about favorites, this jacket has been a standby of mine for the past...5 years! I’ve worn it so, so many times and somehow I still love it. I’m sure I will need to eventually replace it and when I do I will go right back to J.Crew where I bought this one. But until this one falls apart I will keep on wearing it. An army jacket is a great staple, so if you don’t have one it’s about time you pick one up. I love this one from Barbour and this one from Madewell, Old Navy has an affordable option here as well.



I picked up these vintage earrings this winter when Jeff and I went to the Brooklyn Flea (check out the post here if you didn’t see it the first time around). I love the unique shape and color combination of the pink, brown and yellow. Vintage jewelry is a great way to add some personality to an otherwise pretty basic look and when you buy vintage you can be sure you won’t see anyone wearing the same pair!



I had seen these Soludos espadrilles (on sale now!) in an instagram post and I instantly knew I had to own them. After spending my spring semester of college living in Paris, I am definitely a Francophile. These shoes give me a sense of joie de vivre and I have found myself wearing them ALL THE TIME. Plus, I love seeing people’s faces when they glance down and smile at them when I walk by :).


Happy Monday, sending good vibes for the start of the week!

Outfit Details : Ray-Ban Sunglasses / Earrings (vintage), similar / J.Crew Jacket (old), similar / Forever21 Tee (old), similar / Rag and Bone Jeans / Coach Bag (old), similar / Soludos Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');