Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What To Wear : May Date Night


It's fun to get dressed up now and then for a date night with your significant other. I like to take these outings as as an opportunity to wear something a little nicer, as usually a (traditional) date night doesn't involve a crowded bar or tons of walking. In my opinion, a pair of shoes I wouldn't want to stand in all night is perfect for a dinner date, ie. where I will be sitting and/or taking a taxi as transport.


What I love about May is that the weather is warm enough for bare legs but cool enough that you can still add a top layer to your outfit. In the summer it's just too damn hot for a jacket. I keep reminding myself of this and looking for ways to wear my sweaters and warm-weather jackets while I still can. I particularly love the way a girly white dress looks when paired with a leather jacket. It has just the right amount of sweetness and rebellious-ness. This eyelet dress juxtaposed with the leather is also an awesome mixture of textures. 

I didn't know too much about Gorjana jewelry before attending the Create & Cultivate conference, but now I am hooked. I got to see Gorjana Reidel, the founder, speak and chat with her and have since become obsessed. I bought a necklace and ring while at her booth and have been wearing them non-stop. The collection is simple, easy, modern and perfect for layering. In fact, the whole premise of the brand is to be attainable luxury and easy to layer. Nailed it. You'll see in the outfit above I have included a few Gorjana pieces, the obsession is real.

I have added links for my date night look below, as well as some more affordable options.What's your go-to date outfit? Let me know in the comments!

White Feminine Dress

Leather Jacket

Nude/Tan Strappy Heels

Gold Ear Crawlers

Woven Bag

Necklace

Lip Balm
This balm provides the perfect hint of color when you don't want to go all out with lipstick. Plus, it smells amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post in fact I loved the whole blog. This is first time I have visited here and I am surely gonna read your posts in future too.
    u can check my blog
    http://girlzfromvenus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shivani, I love hear that! I'll check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');