Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mixed Prints




I have a deep-rooted love for neutrals and basics but just as strong is my love of prints. Not every print, there are a few (looking at you, paisleys) that I don’t care for, but a good print transforms a piece of clothing more than a solid color can.



Over the past few years I have seen a lot of talk about mixing prints in magazines. These articles tell you how to pair stripes with florals and plaids with dots. While there very well may be a formula to successfully pair patterns together, I think you really just need to put them together and see how it looks to truly know. Why be forced into these rules about prints? If you think it looks ok together and you like it, then go for it!

The other night Jeff and I decided to bike over the Brooklyn Bridge for happy hour. Without going too much on a tangent, let me just say that was way more of a workout that I expected! Somehow all my spin classes didn’t help prepare as much as I would have thought.

Anyway, I wanted to wear my new Loeffler Randall bag and threw on this striped sweater that I hadn’t worn in awhile. And look, two prints! I wouldn’t have thought to put these two together but I think the resulting combo works pretty well.



We went to this cool little bar, Night of Joy, that had a speakeasy vibe inside and an adorable little rooftop patio with lots of greenery and flowers. I could imagine renting out the top space for a little party or event.





Sweater : Urban Outfitters (similar) / Jeans : Levis / Shoes : Loeffler Randall / Bag : Loeffler Randall / Sunglasses : Karen Walker / Necklace : Gorjana









2 comments:

  1. Stripes and leopard prints are my absolute fave combo! Nicely put together!
    xox,
    Vanessa
    http://www.downtownmaven.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stripes and leopard are both basically neutrals in my book! Glad you liked the post!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');