Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, June 13, 2016

Trend Update : Ruffles


There is no other fashion design element I love more than ruffles and flounces. They serve no actual garment construction purpose, rather are there purely for decoration. They can be stiff or drapey, asymmetrical or layered. I love them all. When I started seeing ruffles and flounces on more and more clothing out in the market I was thrilled. Looking through the Resort 2017 collections it is clear they will be hanging around for a while too (yay!). I just love how they make a garment more flirty and fun without being overly feminine.

Ruffles and flounces can take various forms and present themselves in various locations on the garment- on the hem, across the bodice, at the ends of the sleeves. Right now you can get ruffles just about anywhere you like. My favorites are on sleeves and across the bodice of an off the shoulder top (which by the way, by Resort 2017 accounts will be around for awhile longer too).

I included a few of my favorite ruffled looks from Resort 2017 below - Erdem, See by Chloe and Adeam. While all feature ruffles and flounces, the different fabrics, cuts and prints make for very different moods and styles. I especially love the white and light blue ruffles in the Erdem collection with the black lace-up flats. I might be stealing that look in the near future...

Erdem - Resort 2017 (via vogue.com)

See by Chloe - Resort 2017 (via vogue.com)

Adeam - Resort 2017 (via vogue.com)

Ready to get the look for yourself?
 Check out some of my picks below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');