Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Summertime Gingham

Top : Emily Farina (similar, similar) / Hat : Ace of Something (similar, similar) / Jean Shorts : Forever21 (similar) / Bag : Loeffler Randall / Bandana : Thrift Store (similar) / Sandals : Sam Edelman
[Scroll to the bottom of the post for more links to re-create my look]

Happy belated 4th of July everyone! I hope your weekend was filled with fun, relaxation, celebration and happiness. I spent my weekend north of the city at a friend's lake house. It was so nice to get away from the crowded and smelly city streets and enjoy fresh air and nature. 


Today I am sharing a recent original design and creation of mine. I was bitten by the gingham bug this season and my obsession continues to grow and grow. Before leaving the city on Friday we ran some errands and snapped a few pictures of my newly completed gingham top. When designing this I wanted to incorporate the off-the-shoulder trend that is everywhere this summer but add a swingy and full hemline. I am a sucker for any blue and white print so this top will fit in nicely with my summer wardrobe. It will be perfect for a day spent lounging in Central Park or brunching with friends.
I was on the lookout for a new straw hat and was hoping to not pay an arm and a leg for the look I had in mind. I wanted straw with a black ribbon with a large brim. I came across this style by Ace of Something at Urban Outfitters. The price was right and exactly the shape I was looking for. The exact hat is now sold out, but I have included some similar options at the bottom of this post.

I can't wait to pair this hat with outfits all summer long. A good hat will last you years if you take care of it, so find a style you like and think will have legs over a couple of seasons then wear it everywhere!


Bandanas are making a comeback this season bringing with them a sense of summertime nostalgia. I have seen them looped around necks, knotted around wrists and tied onto bags. I decided to try out the bag idea for some added color and texture. I got this bandana for just a few dollars at a nearby vintage shop. Tying on a bandana or scarf is a simple and cost-effective way to change up a bag you may have had for a few years. I love the bright blue color and summery vibe it adds to this look, a perfect addition to the blue gingham of the top.





Thanks for stopping by and be sure to let me know in the comments if you are interested in a particular post topic, I would love to hear from you!

Want more gingham inspiration? Check out my Wear Now, Wear Later : Gingham Top post and my Gingham Shorts post.

Looking for that perfect summer hat? Get all the links you need on my Thinking About : Warm Weather Hats post.

Need some ideas for how to wear your bandana or silk scarves this summer? Have a look at my How To Wear It : Silk Scarf post.


4 comments:

  1. This shirt is so cute!! It looks great with your hair too!

    mallory | http://www.the-drifter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of this top! So cute and fun for summertime :)
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');