Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Thursday, July 14, 2016

City Floral




Dress : Emily Farina (for similar see bottom of post) / Sunglasses : Karen Walker / Bag : Coach (similar) / Sandals : Sam Edelman (similar) / Lipstick : MAC

I have been in love with ruffles for a long time. Looking back at all the different collections and pieces I designed throughout my college career as a fashion student you can see just how obsessed I was with flounces, layers and feminine ruffles. Another thing I love is a bright, vibrant floral pattern. This dress combines both of those loves into one. I got this fabric years ago on sale and just loved the bright color & print and decided it would be a perfect simple and airy dress.


I love being able to walk right outside my door in New York and to be met with so much vibrant life and activity. There are always people hustling and bustling about, which continues to give me a jolt of energy and excitement every time. We snapped these pictures on 2nd Avenue with what seemed to be the entire world flying by behind me. While taking these pictures we got some hilarious images of bikers riding behind, homeless people shuffling in front and more than a few taxi cabs ... your typical scene in New York City.

 




There were some gusty winds this evening, as you can seen with my hair blowing around like crazy. Nothing like your own personal wind machine while taking blog photos!




As you can probably tell from many of my recent posts, I am working on some new projects and clothing designs and incorporating more of my own pieces into my looks, rather than just wear other designers and brands. Since my day job does not have to do with fashion I have been exercising my creative passion in side projects and creating my own pieces. Stay tuned for more original designs to come!




While this exact dress is one of a kind, I found a bunch of red printed ruffled options below to get a similar look!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');