Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, July 25, 2016

City Hearts


 Top : Forever 21 (similar) / Skirt : Vintage (similar, more affordable option) / Bra : Gapbody (similar) / Sunglasses : Bangkok Market (similar) / Bag : Anthropologie (similar) / Shoes : Loeffler Randall

There is no shortage of colorful wall art in New York City and the East Village has it's fair share of the bunch. We stumbled upon this fun mural last week and I loved the bright colors, happy heart motifs and juxtaposition against the black background paint.

After putting together my Mid-Summer Mood post, I really want to mix up some of my pastel pieces. I've had this vintage skirt forever and love how I am able to mix it with so many other items in my closet. You can see it paired with a white eyelet top for the Create + Cultivate Conference and a black eyelet top for work here. I am on the hunt for a good cream midi skirt that I can wear just as often.


The night we snapped these pictures we decided to try out Kavasutra Kava Bar. Kava is cold, tea-like drink made from a root found in the South Pacific. It has been served as celebratory drink in the  Islands for thousands of years. The beverage is intended to provide relaxing and euphoric effects such as reduced stress, nervous system support, anxiety relief and mental focus. It is also supposed to give you a mild relaxing 'high' after drinking. 

It was an experience and I am glad we tried it. Will I be going back anytime soon? No. I like the premise of the drink, but at $9 a pop for the small size and a taste most reminiscent dirty rain water found in a bucket, I just can't do it. Worth a try if you're feeling adventurous but know you need some strong willpower to finish a bowl! Willpower or about 20 extra pineapple slices beyond the 1 they give you.


 


There is a plant shop on 10th street between 1st and A that always has the most elaborate sidewalk display, especially in the summer. Endless succulents, rainbow dream catchers and tons of hanging plants are all clustered together in a sort of urban jungle. It is a perfect place to pick up something new your apartment or a small gift. Every time I am there I need to resist buying everything they have.

 










Top : Forever 21 (similar) / Skirt : Vintage (similar, more affordable option) / Bra : Gapbody (similar) / Sunglasses : Bangkok Market (similar) / Bag : Anthropologie (similar) / Shoes : Loeffler Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');