Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, August 1, 2016

Small Cross-Body Bags

 
 There is nothing I hate more than lugging a big bag around when exploring a city or going out to a restaurant or bar. I love having my hands free to hold a coffee (or alcoholic beverage), check out items in a shop or just feel comfortable and at ease. The small cross-body bag has thus become my go-to bag style for pretty much everywhere except work and traveling. Beyond the functional reasons, there are also many style reasons I love small bags. A small bag can become a style statement or punctuate an outfit as opposed to a bulky carry-all. As a petite woman, a small bag looks more proportionate to my small frame rather than overwhelm me. To top it off, a small bag forces me to streamline what I bring out so I don't end up toting around unnecessary odds and ends.
 
I have accumulated a few different cross-body bags that I pull out for difference occasions and outfits. A staple black leather option is important to me (seen here), but once I had that covered I have gone for some more statement options such as studded red leather (seen here), cheetah calf hair (seen here) and white texture (seen above and here). I'm thinking a classic camel or nude may be the next addition to round out the basics a bit. There are plenty of expensive and inexpensive options depending on your budget. I prefer genuine, real leather and tend to stay away from overly embellished or branded pieces.
 
If you're in the market for a new small cross-body bag, I've rounded up some of my picks below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');