Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wear Now : Red Striped Button-down


Shirt : Rails c/o South Moon Under / Shorts : Zara (similar) / Shoes : Soludos / Sunglasses : Urban Outfitters / Bag : Forever 21 (similar) / Hat : NYC Street Vendor (similar)

Earlier this week Jeff and I decided to take a walk around Central Park after work. The sun was reaching the peak of golden hour when we got to the Bow Bridge, creating a beautiful light to gaze over the water and watch the row boats passing by. Although the weather has been super warm in NYC, the breezy linen of this Rails shirt left me quite comfortable in the outdoor heat.


I am a big believer in investing in fashion pieces, whether clothing, accessories or shoes, that I can wear multiple times and multiple ways. Rather than look for items that can only be worn for one season, I look for closet staples that can be easily transitioned from warm weather to cooler temps. This shirt from South Moon Under is exactly that, a perfect transitional piece. Made out of the softest linen, it is breathable enough for the sweltering temperatures in Manhattan right now but will work perfectly with some additional layers come fall.

I wanted to show you guys just how versatile this Rails shirt really is. To do so I have put my styling to the test and will be showing you not only how I wear this shirt for the hot summer weather (like in this post) but also for the cooler weather of fall as it begins to roll in. Stay tuned for the next iteration of Wear Now, Wear Later as I wind this piece forward for fall!

Right now you can get an extra 25% off sale items at South Moon Under as well as 15% off orders $150+ when you use the code EVENT15.


After strolling across Bow Bridge, we walked all around the pond that runs below Bow Bridge. Row boats made their way quietly through the water as the sun was starting to go down. I told Jeff we will need to make another trip back to try the boats for ourselves!


I have had a straw panama hat for a few years now that I found myself reaching for constantly, as you can see in this post, and this post. However it was starting to look a little tired. Lucky for me the streets of NYC have a plethora of affordable hat options, right outside my door. I purchased the new hat featured in these photos for a mere $10! I love New York.


I have been a fan of South Moon Under since my high school years on a the Main Line where we had a South Moon Under location right around the corner in Wayne. When I moved down to DC for business school I was thrilled to find out there was a location in walking in distance from my apartment! They always have a great selection of trendy pieces  and the best part, they are at accessible prices. I especially love that I can get lesser know labels at South Moon Under, that way I don't have to worry about going out and seeing someone else in the same top or dress (the horror!).
 

Shirt : Rails c/o South Moon Under / Shorts : Zara (similar) / Shoes : Soludos / Sunglasses : Urban Outfitters / Bag : Forever 21 (similar) / Hat : NYC Street Vendor (similar)


2 comments:

  1. You inspired me! I went onto South Moon Under's website and purchased my own Rails shirt and hat:
    http://www.southmoonunder.com/rails-whitney-short-sleeve-sailor-stripe-top/17952907220006.html?cgid=sale
    http://www.southmoonunder.com/cheveux-corp-ring-trim-felt-floppy-hat/17305803520002.html

    Looking forward to wearing them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');