Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Transitional Skirts




It is becoming that wonderful time of year when your skin still has it's lingering summer tan yet the weather is cool enough that you can actually wear some layers without melting. It is time for transitional dressing!
When I used to work at URBN INC. this was actually referred to as it's own season - TRANS, short for transitional. Which doesn't sound particularly chic but the in-between-point of seasons is actually a great time to test out some stylish looks and texture combinations for a totally new look.
I began pinning looks onto a Fall 2016 board (which you can find here), but I found that I was basically pinning transitional looks that I will be wearing until Fall, not actually for Fall. So I decided to pull together some looks that are particularly inspiring to me right now and explain how I plan to get the most out of my summery items before the cold comes.
I decided to focus this post on skirts and how to wear them in the upcoming month or so. I love, love, love the combination of a chiffon skirt with a casual grey sweater, it looks so effortless and cool. I am also really into tee-shirts, both graphic and solid, and pairing them with fancy separates like tailored cream trousers or a black skirt with a high slit, as seen above. Your summery skirts can stay in your wardrobe rotation a bit longer this year if you pair them with ankle boots, a leather jacket and fall accessories like a wool hat.

When recently cleaning out my closet I came to the realization that my skirt game is lacking a bit. I plan to pick up a few more basic options now that I can wear for trans but will be easily re-worked for many seasons to come. On my shopping list: a cream midi skirt with lots of volume & movement; a side-draped pencil skirt; a patterned chiffon midi skirt and a black pleated knee-length. Check out a few of my picks in stores right now below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');