Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Wardrobe Rehab : Session 3, New Season Additions


This is the third installment of my Wardrobe Rehab series, where I have been walking you guys through how I edit, evaluate and expand my wardrobe at the start of a new season. We started first with Cleaning Out Your Closet and then Re-Thinking What You Already Own. Today I am highlighting what is on my Fall Shopping List for the remainder of the year and which items I plan to save vs. splurge on.




As the years have gone by, my shopping inclinations have gone from buying mostly trendy, fast fashion items to now buying mostly classic, basic pieces. I have a few categories that I always save on and a few others that I will always splurge on but for the most part I buy season-less pieces that are modern and moderately priced without being overly trendy. I will almost always splurge on leather goods like shoes and handbags, which are worn often and can take a real beating if not high quality. To me, a special shoe that I love and am going to wear all season long is worth paying more for. Where I save is on tee shirts, sweaters and jeans. I am a sweater fanatic and have found tons of soft, stylish options everywhere from Forever 21 to Old Navy. You really cannot tell how expensive (or inexpensive) a sweater is if the fit and silhouette are good. For the rest of my wardrobe I usually ride the middle of the road, buying pieces that are good quality basics I can wear for a few solid seasons and then replace without any guilt over price. 

This fall I have some different items I am eying up to complement what I already own while injecting some of-the-moment energy into my wardrobe.

Camel Coat - I have been wanting a camel coat for a couple years now and just haven't found the perfect one. This is a piece definitely worth investing in as it will never, ever go out of style. I love the look of camel paired with winter white and navy blue. Dress it up for work and dress it down for brunch, this is a true staple piece and wardrobe workhorse. (Seen above, Stella McCartney).

Ripped Skinny Jeans - I love the textural element that a pair of ripped denim adds to a look. It adds another level of dimension and an obvious 'cool factor'. This is definitely something that does not need to be a splurge, but if you are particular about how your jeans fit or have a hard to fit body, you may want to invest more. My tip is to hit up a fast fashion store for some skinny-fit denim and DIY it at home. (Seen above, rag & bone)

Loafer Mules - These are super trendy right now and another save item. While they look cool and fresh now, in a year this very well may be totally passe. I love the Gucci versions, but let's be real. Pick up a cheaper pair from Zara, Steve Madden or Sam Edelman to get the look for less.

Chunky Cardigan - Another piece that in my opinion is a save. I have found some good sweaters at Urban Outfitters and Madewell that don't break the bank. This option from The Great is a splurge, but you can easily get this look elsewhere for less.

Structured Top - A high quality structured top, in my opinion, is definitely worth investing in. You can pair this under a blazer for work, with skinny pants and heels to go out, to family events, everywhere. Get a figure-flattering style that will match your existing wardrobe and you will wear it to death. I like this Marni top but really love this Carven top. 

A few of my other favorite pieces this season are:
SAVE

SPLURGE

What is on everyone's shopping list this fall? Any of the above items?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');