Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Holiday Sequins

 It's no secret that the holiday season brings with it lots of events that require dressier looks. While the wedding invites may be fewer, there are family parties, work events and visiting friends. I have been creeping on a few dresses from different designers and brands that I am particularly fond of, but also wanted to take the opportunity to get a little creative as well. I saw this dress from ASOS on Blair from Atlantic-Pacific and became obsessed with the vibrant sequins and the green color palette. Turns out I had a very similar teal silk fabric just sitting around in my sewing stash and decided to create a similar version of my own, just cause why not. A few clicks on Cartwright's Sequins and I was in business.

You can see my sketch above as well as some color inspiration images I pulled together for the sequins.

I made the base dress this weekend and started sequining (great verb I just made up) last night. I am planning to have the sequins curve down the front of the dress in an asymmetrical way, as shown in  the sketch. The back design is still tbd, probably similar to the front but with less embellishment. Looking forward to pulling this out for some holiday parties coming up. 

This is the in-progress dress, with just the start of the sequins in place. I will post more photos when fully finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');