Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Red Coat


Coat : J.Crew (40% Off right now with code "HOLIDAY") / Sweater : Old Navy / Jeans : Old Navy (only $36!) / Flats : Purchased in Beijing / Bag : Loeffler Randall (similar) / Sunglasses : Ray-Ban

Sunday was a gloomy fall day and instead of staying inside to watch football, we made the trek uptown to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I had been wanting to go for a couple months now, as I had yet to visit since I've been living in NYC full time. I found out a few days ago that a new fashion exhibit was opening and my desire to go got even stronger.



The Met is located right on Central Park, so before we went inside the museum we walked into the park to view the fall colors still present on the trees. The weather was quite chilly so I wore my new red wool coat from J.Crew. Against the grey weather and the all-black uniform of most New Yorkers this coat really popped! Definitely not for someone who wants to blend in.

I originally bought this coat in black and then returned it for the bright red color. Something about this red just makes me happy. Don't we all need some extra brightness in the winter anyway?
The fashion exhibit I was so keen on seeing was called "Masterwork - Unpacking Fashion" and included 50 garments that were instrumental in shaping where fashion is today. The items were from all different designers and decades, each unique and incredibly inspiring. Getting to see these amazing pieces close up, one can really appreciate the intricate details and exquisite construction. My only critique of the exhibit was that there was no coffee table book to buy at the end! I would have been all up on that.

 Anyone who knows me well knows how obsessed I am with Old Navy. I love my basic, neutral pieces and Old Navy has a great selection of just that at amazing prices. I got a camel coat at Old Navy about a month ago and have been wearing it non-stop (as seen in this post). houghUnfortunately the camel color is sold out online, although I've been told they are still availbale in stores. I do like the grey and the green checked version as well, both currently on sale for $30.

My favorite pieces to get from Old Navy however are jeans - the Rockstar fit is my go-to style as it is super skinny with just enough stretch to fit snugly yet remain comfortable. I am wearing the distressed black style in these photos, but I also have a grey and classic blue jean version as well. Plus they are all under $50 - seriously go try on these jeans, you won't be disappointed!

Coat : J.Crew (40% Off right now with code "HOLIDAY") / Sweater : Old Navy / Jeans : Old Navy (only $36!) / Flats : Purchased in Beijing / Bag : Loeffler Randall (similar) / Sunglasses : Ray-Ban 


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I have that coat in gray and seriously love it! The bright red is so fun, and I also love the Rockstar jeans! Clearly we have similar taste! xo Bryn www.waketonroad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it's a great coat and super warm too! It's hard not to love a pair of jeans that you can get for under $40, gotta love Old Navy!

      -Emily

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');