Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

How To Wear It : Silk Scarf

I am head over heels loving on silk scarves right now. I have always loved winter scarves, how they add another layer of texture and color to an outfit. But when the weather starts to get warmer, most of these scarves must be banished to back of the closet until fall returns. Enter, the silk scarf.

Throughout the years, head scarves have come in and out of style - but silk scarves, like the Hermes-style ones your grandma used to wear, remain forever classic & chic.  

I have been seeing more and more lightweight scarves popping up around me, from bloggers to NYC ladies, even in magazines. I was reading Elle the other day and before even getting to the first article I saw three advertisements with lightweight scarves being styled in various ways!

So, I took to Pinterest to find some inspiration for wearing the silk scarf this spring and discovered I was just as smitten with it as a hair accessory as I with it as a neck accessory. I pulled together some of my favorite looks below to get you all in the scarf frame of mind too!
 
Hair Look #1 - The Messy Headband
Messy buns and chignons look casual yet at the same time classy with your scarf nonchalantly knotted around your head.


Feeling inspired I tried tying one of my scarves into my hair this weekend. This is such a simple look and best of all it works better with hair that has not been washed that day!

Simply pull back your hair into a low ponytail and start twisting into a bun. Then, just stick in some bobby pins to keep the bun in place. It's a bit of trial and error but it only took me 3 bobby pins. The messy look is perfectly suited for the bohemian vibe of the scarf.





Look #2 - The Bohemian Vibe
Knotted in the back or woven into a braid, the scarf adds color and free spirited-ness. Perfect for breezy days on the beach.

Look #3 - The Bun Beautifier 
Pull your hair back and knot a scarf around your bun for a sweet look.

 Look #4 - The Turtle Neck
Wrap your scarf around your neck a few times for a fitted look. You can either leave the ends loose or tuck them into a half bow.

Look #5 - The Cowl
Knot your scarf in the front or the back, just make sure to keep the loops relaxed and with lots of volume

I tested out what I consider the 'Cowl' style for work yesterday, and kept it on when I later went to the Gap Styld Event featuring Julia Engal of Gal Meets Glam.

http://galmeetsglam.com/

She was so very sweet, excitedly (and patiently) meeting with everyone who attended. I am very much inspired by her beautiful blog - the photos, the style, the wonderful travels. It was great to meet her in person and has only inspired me further! Check out her blog here, if you haven't before!

Will you try out a silk scarf look this spring? Which one? Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');