Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Saturday, March 12, 2016

What to Wear This Week : Basic Tee-Shirt Dress

We had a few days of amazing spring weather this past week in New York and I couldn't resist pulling out one of my dresses. I wore this black tee shirt dress to work with a blazer but swapped that out for my leather jacket and fun flats once I got home.

Multi-tasking wardrobe staples like this dress are perfect for going from work to weekend. When I shop these days, I am always thinking about how the item in question can be worn multiple ways, multiple times and in multiple scenarios. Since work takes up such a significant part of my time, buying pieces that I can wear to the office in addition to my free-time is really important to me. 

This spring I am on a mission to add some more dresses to my wardrobe. I am such a jeans/denim short girl that I usually don't add more than a dress a season to my closet. Wearing easy pieces like this one remind me how simple dresses are - only one item and you're ready!

I purchased this dress at Loft the other day, smitten with its swingy, easy shape and the versatility of a black tee shirt dress. The fabric is so comfortable its almost like something you could sleep in. I love the high neckline, which is perfect for showcasing a statement necklace.

I threw my leather jacket on for some added warmth as we were headed out to dinner and the sun was beginning to set.



While I highly recommend this Loft dress, I found a couple other great ones you can pick up online. 

J.Crew has a great striped option that would work easily at the office and around town.
This dress from Forever21 is a steal at $13. 
Zara has a more structured style that can be worn year round.

I plan to wear this dress into the summer as the weather gets hotter. Paired with flats like these and a cape like this is great for the office. For summer weekends, these sandals and a jean jacket like this will be a go-to.
Whipped out the animal flats I purchased in China last fall. They never fail to get a few glances and start a conversation!

Dress (Loft) / Jacket (old) / Necklace - on sale! (Madewell) / Bag (Madewell) / Shoes (Purchased in China) / Sunglasses (Purchased in Thailand)


Happy Daylight Savings!

2 comments:

  1. Love this look on you! Pretty lady!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');