Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, March 7, 2016

What To Wear This Week : Spring Transition Pieces


I must say, I really do love that transitional period between winter and spring when things are just warm enough to need only a jacket; you can wear layers without being hot and not wear layers without being cold. For someone like me who loves layering, textures and adding dimension to an outfit, it is the perfect time to add more to a look without either sweating or having to cover it up with a coat anyway. 

To feel both springy and keep yourself warm, I recommend combing some warm weather items (sandals, boyfriend jeans) with some weight and texture (leather jacket, embellished clutch).

A classic striped shirt is something I wear year round, it works just as well with boots and a scarf as it does with a bathing suit as a cover-up on the beach. Boyfriend jeans have been around for a number of seasons now, but there is a reason they haven't quite gone out of style - they are comfortable and they convey the perfect amount of nonchalance. I have a few pairs in my closet but have been eyeing up these for a few weeks now. A leather jacket is a closet staple worth investing in, I got mine years ago and it is still in great shape. 

As those of you who have been following along on my blog and my instagram can probably tell, I have fallen deep in the love haze with boyfriend jeans. Perhaps it is in response to getting back into a semi-corporate environment for my job, that makes me really want a casual easy look on my downtime.

Jeans (Forever21) / Shoes (Loeffler Randall) / Bag (Anthropologie) / Shirt (Forever21) / Jacket (old) / Sunglasses (purchased in Thailand) / Watch (Michael Kors)

What’s your favorite go-to look for the transitional weather? Tell me in the comments below! Also, sign-up for updates and never miss a new post from Fizz and Fade - you’ll find the email entry space in the right hand rail.

Sweater - $40
Jeans - $39


6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');