Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Monday, May 30, 2016

Pink & Eyelet


Top : Zara / Skirt : vintage (similar) / Shoes : Loeffler Randall / Bracelet: Madewell / Bracelet : Club Monaco



I have always loved the thrill of the hunt when it comes to fashion and shopping. Sometimes that thrill comes from finding a cheap item at a retailer like Forever 21, which I talked about in my last post here, in case you missed it. And sometimes the thrill comes from digging through racks of clothes at a vintage or secondhand shop. Some of my greatest cheap finds have actually been from Goodwill or Salvation Army.
This pale pink skirt is an example of one of those great, cheap finds. I believe I got this while in college at the local Salvation Army store and it has been a favorite in my wardrobe ever since. The slightly flared silhouette is simple, easy and never goes out of style. I have paired it with tights and a sweater in the winter or with a tank and sandals in the summer. The best part of shopping vintage or second-hand? The prices! This skirt was $7, I kid you not. Talk about a great price per wear.



When thinking about what to wear to the Create & Cultivate Conference a few weeks ago, I was careful to select something unique. With so many fashion-minded women in one place, I was convinced if I wore any clothing item that was too current, someone else present would definitely be wearing it as well...the horror of showing up in the same outfit as someone else still plagues me.
Bu nobody was going to have the same skirt as me if I wore this one! I paired it with a recently purchased Zara off the shoulder top, which I'll admit is pretty current and could have been present on another attendee. But alas, I wore it anyway.


On the day of the conference, Julie and I got breakfast on the rooftop of the Petit Ermitage Hotel, where we were staying. The weather was a little gloomy so we had the restaurant essentially to ourselves. Even with the grey skies the rooftop was lovely. The greenery and slightly mis-matched décor transports you right out of West Hollywood and into Alice in Wonderland. Without my trusty photog with me, Julie kindly snapped a few pics of my outfit before I headed out to the conference for the day.
Stay tuned for all the details and pictures of the Create & Cultivate Conference coming up in the next week!
Happy Memorial Day!

Top : Zara / Skirt : vintage (see similar below) / Heels : Loeffler Randall / Gold Bracelet : Madewell / Wrap Bracelet : Club Monaco
*See below for more picks to re-create my look!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');