Fizz and Fade

champagne fizz and faded blue jeans

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Create & Cultivate Conference : Entry 1


In May I attended the Create + Cultivate Conference in Los Angeles. I assume many of you haven't heard about Create + Cultivate and are not sure what it is. Rather than paraphrase, I will give you their own words to sum it -

Create + Cultivate is an offline conference and online platform for female entrepreneurs in the digital space. We create inspiring environments that seek to enlighten, entertain and inform.
source

I had heard about C+C for the first time last fall, right before their Chicago conference was taking place. There were a ton of bloggers, entrepreneurs and influencers that I follow who were speaking and attending the event. At that time all the event tickets were sold out, but I immediately marked my calendar for when tickets would go on sale for their next event. The spring conference in LA worked out with my schedule and I signed up right!

I took a ton of photos during the conference and have pulled together my favorites to share with you guys. I decided to break this up into two posts rather than one lengthy one. Below you'll find my first entry and my second entry will be a fast follower! I hope you enjoy!

I got my ticket in February and before I knew it May rolled around and I set off for California with my sister for a fun girls weekend getaway. I already shared some photos from this trip in my other posts from Venice Beach, West Hollywood and our hotel The Petit Ermitage.

The conference took place in downtown LA, at the Hudson Lofts which was a perfect venue for this type of event. There was tons of light, open space and space for all the event activities. Upon arriving at the conference I immediately went for the coffee which was supplied by Alfred's Coffee. All those "But first, coffee" quips you've seen around? It all started from this place - who knew? Not me apparently.




There were tons of booths, stations and set-ups from all kinds of different brands such as Barre 3, Iconery, Rachel Zoe, Zola, BeGlammed, Topshop Beauty, The RealReal, Gorjana and tons more. Between all of the panels and sessions we had time to hit up the booths for hair, make-up and shopping.


I love this gold-edged dining set and how cute are those salt and pepper shakers?!
 

The rooftop had places to sit, food, drinks and more brands to check out. A big highlight of my day was the book signed by Hilary Kerr and Katherine Power, founders of Whowhatwear.com. I have been following their site since college, always checking in for new style advice, shopping tips and inspiration. They have since gone on to found Clique Media Group. Both Hilary and Katherine are huge inspirations to me, being women who built their love of fashion into a website then a thriving multi-faceted business. To top it off they were super friendly and gracious in person.

I was thrilled to get their newest book, Career Code, since I already have their other books (and made sure to tell  them that when they were signing my copy!).


I had never heard of Rolling Greens Home and Garden before but was drawn in my their gorgeous succulents. They have two locations, (both in California unfortunately) where they curate beautiful flowers and plants of all kinds and mix them in with chic planters and home goods. They even have a arrangement bar where they will help you assemble your own orchid, succulent or terrarium arrangement.
 



One of the (many) highlights of the day was getting to see Chelsea Handler speak. She was a slight departure from the other speakers, providing a refreshing and fun attitude. Everything you could imagine from Chelsea is true - she was funny, inappropriate and completely charming. Even when telling the most ridiculous story (topless waterskiing? google it), you can't help but be on her side. Her message was about staying true to yourself and what you believe in, don't let anyone push you around or put down your ideas and most of all, don't take life too seriously.
 
Stay tuned for more photos and details from the Conference in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-74952811-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');